Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Funny things said in Spanish by Katie and I

When I wanted to say , “Do you want me to feed your dog tonight”

I really said, “Do you want me to eat your dog tonight.”

While describing what Southern Fried Chicken is like I tried to compared it to a dish the chef at the Hacienda makes.

I wanted to say,” It is like your chicken.”

But I really said, “Like you chicken.”

While driving past a beautiful church in a taxi in Quito Katie asked the driver,

“When did you build the church.”

Katie asked Fernando (our boss) if she could learn to take care of the horses, but she really said, “I want to learn to stay with the horses.”

When I wanted to compliment the Chef, Jose Maria, on his pies.

I wanted to say,” I love your pies.”

But I really said,” I love your feet.”

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie Rose Alexander said...

Ah, yes. We are so suave. Remember when Rosa and I were watching Cooper play with Chispitas and I meant to say its beautiful that they are such good friends, and instead I said its beautiful that we are such good friends? She looked at me like I was nutso.

11:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home

thank you for visiting